SGA Meeting Minutes 3-19-2012
Elyse Gessler called the meeting to order at 4:00
Mr. Vrabel took role.
Ms. Gessler approved the minutes from last meeting
Ms. Gessler moved to Executive business
– None, discussing parking passes in New Businees
Ms. Gessler gave the President’s Report
Mr. McIntyre gave the Vice President’s report
– Passed out Last Lecture Series Poster for committee to hang up
Mr. Okular gave the Vice President of Financial Affairs
– Total unappropriated balance $1142
– Noted the Email Appropriation for Iota Phi Theta Fraternity
Ms. Benchwick gave the chair report for Student Life Committee report
– Meet the Reps Night on the Thursday Pre Party
Ms. Benchwick concluded her Report
Ms. Pavlichich gave the chair report for Academic Affairs Committee
Ms. Pavlichich concluded her report
Mr. White gave the Chair report for University Affairs Committee
Mr. White concluded his report.
Ms. Carney gave the Chair report for Financial Appropriations Committee
Ms. Carney concluded her report
Ms. Gessler moved to Unfinished Business
Ms. Gessler moved to new Business
– SB F 2012-4 Passed Unanimously
– Parking Fee Voicing Concerns
- Students who live on campus with houses/apts are opposed to it.
- Drafting a possible disagreement applying the mandate across the board
- Finding out exactly how this money will be allocated on campus.
- If they are going to make a mandatory parking fee then get rid of the meters
- Get someone from Parking Services to come and speak with us.
Dr. Cooper – Wants to see more discussion on issues from the body
Dr. Depoy – Parking Problem is really a convenience problem
Dr. Becker – Invited Students to round table discussion with faculty
Ms. Gessler adjourned the meeting at 4:45
Members not in attendance:
Standohar, Caroline (Excused)