Elyse Gessler called the meeting to order at 4:05
Ms. Gessler Introduced Ms. Sarah Lowry as a guest speaker
– Ms. Lowry spoke about the YSU and Community Health Centers
– Asking for support for their “event”, informational event “From Bra’s to Birth Control” May 2nd 2012, In front of KC from 11:00-1:30
Mr. Vrabel took role.
Ms. Gessler approved the minutes from last meeting
Ms. Gessler moved to Executive business
– Asked the body to fill out the housing and community survey regarding stores on the north side of campus.
Ms. Gessler gave the President’s Report
Mr. McIntyre gave the Vice President’s report
– The Academic Senate bill which gives the option to B.S. programs to remove the language requirements from their program.
Mr. Okular gave the Vice President of Financial Affairs
Ms. Benchwick gave the chair report for Student Life Committee report
– V2 event mixer on 7-9 on April 25th and May Day (May 3rd) Tailgate Table form 10-2 outside KC.
– Asked for Volunteers for May Day events
Ms. Benchwick concluded her Report
Ms. Pavlichich gave the chair report for Academic Affairs Committee
– Take the Student Satisfaction Survey
Ms. Pavlichich concluded her report
Mr. White gave the Chair report for University Affairs Committee
– Reminder about the new email and calendar system that should be debuting shortly
Mr. White concluded his report.
Ms. Carney gave the Chair report for Financial Appropriations Committee
Ms. Carney concluded her report
Ms. Gessler moved to Unfinished Business
– Idea of increased tuition to fund SGA appropriations
– Plan tabled by the board a few years ago presented by Zach Brown
– One limitation more of campus Opportunity Increase vs. Tuition Increase
– Get the Jambar involved
– Compare our campus tuition compared to other campus.
– Creative Advertisement and marketing spin.
– Making it relevant to students.
Ms. Gessler moved to new Business
– Matters come to advisors at a heightened state. Have a discussion about how best the advisors can be used in a more preventative matter.
– SGA retreat with advisors.
– Find the true need for students (commuter and other)
Ms. Gessler adjourned the meeting at 4:48
Members not in attendance:
Okular, Cory (excused)
Rogers, Molly (excused)
Wise, Brianna (excused)