Appropriations for Student Organizations and/or University Program Events
My name is Dominic Rodino; I currently serve as the Vice President for Financial Affairs of the Student Government Association (SGA). Working closely with the Office of Student Activities, I will be helping you as you apply for funding from SGA for your organization’s event. Here is a link to our Funding Checklist to help you throughout the process.
Applying for funding from SGA is easy! Please note the following steps to acquiring funding from SGA:
- Fill out and submit the application that is posted at the bottom of this page. If you would like to see the form in its entirety, click here. Note: only applications submitted electronically will be accepted, please use this solely as a reference.
- You will then be contacted with information regarding the time and place you will meet the Financial Affairs committee to discuss your event and requested appropriation. Attendance at this meeting is mandatory.
- Your suggested appropriation amount will be drafted by the Financial Affairs Committee and recommended to the Legislative Body.
- The recommendation will then be voted upon at the Legislative Body meeting the following Monday. Attendance to this meeting is not mandatory, but highly suggested.
- The Office of Student Activities and the Financial Affairs Committee will then work together to ensure that your organization receives the funding.
Before applying, please note these very important details:
- Apply for funding at least 4 weeks before the date of your event
- SGA ONLY appropriates funds to SPECIFIC events
- SGA DOES NOT reimburse events that have been held in the past
- SGA DOES NOT fund routine meetings or anything that does not comply with University policies or federal, state, and local laws
- Your organization MUST adhere to Student Government’s Health & Safety Guidelines. Guidelines can be found HERE
I am so excited you are applying for funding and will be available to answer any questions or respond to concerns regarding SGA Financial Appropriations. Please do not hesitate to reach out at 330-941-3592 or email@example.com.