The Penguin Pantry is a collaboration with the Student Government Association and the Office of Student Outreach and Support with the goal of serving our students by providing them with basic food and hygiene necessities. By working with our community, faculty, and staff we have received a variety of donations to help serve the diverse needs of our students.
Summer Pantry Hours:
Monday-Friday: 12:00 – 2:30 pm
If you need access to the pantry’s services outside of these hours, no problem! Just contact Mr. Justin Shaughnessy at email@example.com or Ms. Susan Moorer at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you!
Are you a student looking to access the Penguin Pantry?
Accessing the pantry is easy! You can access the pantry by following these 4 easy steps:
- Complete the request form HERE (if you have limited access to the internet, we would be more than happy to help you out at the panty! Just stop in during our regular hours)
- Gear up! To keep you safe and to keep our staff safe, make sure to wear a mask when you come see us!
- Grab-n-go! Stop in and let the person at the front desk know who you are. Your stuff should be prepared and ready to go! (The pantry is currently located on the second floor of Kilcawley Center use the entrance facing Elm Street. *click the link for directions* )
- Don’t hesitate to come back! Our resources are here for you. Never hesitate to use them!
Are you a community member / student / faculty or staff member looking to donate to the Penguin Pantry?
First of all, THANK YOU! The Penguin Pantry started only a few years ago and relies entirely on generous donations like yours!
There are a few ways you can help!
- If you would like to donate from the safety of your home, you can do so by donating the amazon wishlist hyperlinked at the bottom of this page!
- If you have food at your home that you would like to donate, you can always drop it off from 12:00-2:30pm at the pantry! If that time doesn’t work for you, no problem! Contact Mr. Justin Shaughnessy at email@example.com or Ms. Susan Moorer at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you!
- Spread the word! Ask your friends, family, and coworkers to consider donating. If you know any YSU students that may need these resources, pass along the information.