The Penguin Pantry is a collaboration with the Student Government Association and the Office of Student Outreach and Support with the goal of serving our students by providing them with basic food and hygiene necessities. By working with our community, faculty, and staff we have received a variety of donations to help serve the diverse needs of our students.
If you have any questions regarding the Penguin Pantry, please reach out to Kennedy Romeo, SGA Vice President for Assessment & Enrichment, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a student looking to access the Penguin Pantry?
Accessing the pantry is easy! You can access the pantry by following these 4 easy steps:
- Complete the request form HERE (if you have limited access to the internet, we would be more than happy to help you out at the panty! Just stop in during our regular hours)
- Gear up! To keep you safe and to keep our staff safe, make sure to wear a mask when you come see us!
- Grab-n-go! Stop in and let the person at the front desk know who you are. Your stuff should be prepared and ready to go! (The pantry is currently located on the second floor of Kilcawley Center use the entrance facing Elm Street. *click the link for directions* )
- Don’t hesitate to come back! Our resources are here for you. Never hesitate to use them!
If you are a student that is need of emergency access to the Penguin Pantry, please contact Student Outreach and Support at 330.941.4721
Are you a community member / student / faculty or staff member looking to donate to the Penguin Pantry?
First of all, THANK YOU! The Penguin Pantry started only a few years ago and relies entirely on generous donations like yours!
There are a few ways you can help!
- If you would like to donate from the safety of your home, you can do so by donating the amazon wishlist hyperlinked at the bottom of this page!
- If you have food at your home that you would like to donate, you can always drop it off from 12:00-2:30pm at the pantry!
- Spread the word! Ask your friends, family, and coworkers to consider donating. If you know any YSU students that may need these resources, pass along the information.
Would you like to volunteer at the Penguin Pantry?
Every month the Penguin Pantry needs volunteers to help staff the front desk and fill student orders throughout the week. Each shift is an hour and you can sign-up for multiple shifts. If you would like to volunteer this month, click the link below!