Appropriations for Student Organization Events
My name is Sam Anderson. I am the current Vice President of Financial Affairs for the Student Government Association (SGA). I, as well as Erin Driscoll from Student Activities, will be helping you as you apply for funding from SGA for your organization’s event.
Applying for funding from SGA is easy! Please note the following steps to acquiring funding from SGA:
- Fill out and submit the application that is posted at the bottom of this page.
- You will then be contacted with information regarding the time and place you will meet the Financial Affairs committee to discuss your event and requested appropriation.
- Your appropriation will be determined and then voted upon at the body meeting the following Monday. Attendance to this meeting is not mandatory, but highly suggested.
- Erin Driscoll and the Financial Affairs committee will then work together to ensure that your organization receives the funding.
Before applying, please note these very important details:
- Apply for funding at least 4 weeks before the date of your event
- SGA ONLY appropriates funds to SPECIFIC events
- SGA DOES NOT reimburse events that have been held in the past
- SGA DOES NOT fund routine meetings or anything that does not comply with University policies or federal, state, and local laws
I am so excited to see that you are applying for funding and would love to extend a hand of assistance if you have any questions or concerns regarding anything! My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact me anytime!