IN ORDER to better represent the students of Youngstown State University, to unite more closely the interests of undergraduates, graduates, faculty, and staff, to obtain the best leadership for guidance to higher goals and ideals, and to provide for the most efficient and successful management of all student activities, we, the students of Youngstown State University, do ordain and establish this Constitution.
As a YSU student, you are eligible to receive discounts from various businesses in and around Youngstown. For a complete list, follow the link below!
Now Accepting Applications for the 2015-2017 YSU Student Trustee Position
Applications (see link below) are now being accepted for a student position on the YSU Board of Trustees for the 2015-2017 term. The student trustee position is one of the most important leadership roles a student can hold, as he/she will be involved in decisions related to many aspects of the University’s governance, including finances, facilities, academic and student affairs.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Undergraduate or graduate student at Youngstown State University with the intent to register for classes from fall 2015 through spring 2017, without interruption;
- Resident of the State of Ohio;
- Registered to vote in the State of Ohio;
- Completion of at least 24 semester hours at Youngstown State University;
- Currently registered as a full-time student (12 hours for undergraduate students or 9 hours for graduate students); and
- Good academic standing (3.0 GPA or better) which must be maintained during the two-year term.
Applications are also available in the Offices of Student Activities and Student Government (upper level of Kilcawley Center) as well as the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs (Room 141, Tod Hall).
Please return applications to the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, Room 141, Tod Hall by Friday, November 14, 2014.